Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Fine, Fine School

A Fine, Fine School by Sharon Creech, illustrated by Harry Bliss (Joanna Cotler, 2001).



"Mr. Keene, an exuberant principal, loves his school so much that he decides to have school every Saturday and even during holidays and summer vacation. Your child will love finding out about Tillie's creative plan to save her vacations." http://www.greatschools.org/cgi-bin/showarticle/624

Parents and students, this is a book we will be reading in class tomorrow. It is a funny and exciting book with some difficult vocabulary in the text, which is what I am looking for. I am going to slowly work the students into working with some difficult vocabulary words. In the next few days I will list the vocabulary words I would like them to work on. I also have the audio CD for this book in the classroom, which I will be playing for the students as we read along. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment